SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DEFINITIONS. As used in the Agreement, these terms shall have the following definitions:
“Agreement” means collectively (i) these Terms and Conditions, and (ii) the Software License Agreement.
“Effective Date” means the date indicated as the Effective Date in Section 1 of the Software License Agreement.
“Licensed Software” means the software identified as the Licensed Software in Section 1 of the Software License Agreement, including all Updates and Upgrades provided in accordance with Section 2.7 below
“Licensee” means the party identified as the Licensee in Section 1 of the Software License Agreement.
“Licensee Products” means those software products of Licensee, if any, that incorporate the Licensed Software.
“Software License Agreement” means the particular Software License Agreement to which these Terms and Conditions are attached and incorporated into by reference.
“Updates” and “Upgrades” have the meanings given in Section 2.7 below.
1) LICENSE RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS
2.1 Internal Use License. Subject to the terms and conditions of the Agreement and Licensee’s compliance therewith, Licensor hereby grants to Licensee a non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide license to use the Software solely for the internal business purposes of Licensee.
2.2 Redistribution Rights. Only if Section 2.2 of the Software License Agreement indicates that Licensee has Redistribution Rights, then, subject to the terms and conditions of the Agreement and Licensee’s compliance therewith, Licensor hereby grants to Licensee a non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide license to distribute through multiple tiers of distribution a number of copies of the object code version of the Licensed Software (including object code versions compiled by Licensee if it has obtained a source code license) indicated in Section 2.2 of the Software License Agreement solely as incorporated in the Licensee Products. Object code versions compiled by Licensee from source code may be so redistributed if Licensee has obtained Redistribution Rights and a license to use the source code version of the Licensed Software hereunder. Licensee shall only redistribute the Licensed Software subject to an end user license agreement containing terms and conditions that are at least as protective of Licensor’s interests as the terms of the Agreement. IN NO CIRCUMSTANCES MAY SOURCE CODE OR DOCUMENTATION BE REDISTRIBUTED BY LICENSEE.
2.3 Source Code. The license granted to Licensee hereunder is only to use the object code version of the Licensed Software unless Section 2.3 of the Software License Agreement indicates that Licensee has obtained a source code license. In that case, the source code version may only be used by that number of individuals for which Licensee has purchased a licenses for the source code as indicated in Section 2.3 of the Software License Agreement. Object code compiled from Licensee’s use of the source code shall be subject to all of the restrictions and limitations on Licensed Software hereunder.
2.4 Number of Single-User Licenses. Unless Section 2.4 of the Software License Agreement expressly states that the number of users of the Licensed Software is unlimited, then the use of the Licensed Software by Licensee is limited to the number of Single Users indicated in Section 2.4 of the Software License Agreement and for which Licensee has paid Licensor license fees. For each license, the licensee will pay a set amount based on the amount of jobs created in the application.
2.4 Additional Restrictions
- A) The Licensed Software may not be sold, leased, assigned, loaned or otherwise transferred or provided to a third party, except that (a) if Licensee has been granted Redistribution Rights pursuant to Section 2.2, then it may redistribute object code versions of the Licensed Software solely in accordance with Section 2.2, and (b) the Agreement may be assigned in the circumstances described in Section 11.8. Licensee may not use the Licensed Software to provide services to third parties, including hosted application services, or to otherwise operate a services bureau.
(b) The Licensed Software may not be modified by Licensee unless Licensor obtains a license to the source code version of the Licensed Software in accordance with Section 2.3.
(c) Licensee is not permitted to make copies of the Licensed Software or Documentation, other than that number of copies which is necessary to exercise Licensee’s rights granted hereunder. Licensee shall maintain a record of the location of all permitted copies
(e) Licensee’s use of the License Software shall be subject to the additional restrictions set forth in Section 2.5(e) of the Software License Agreement, if any.
2.6 Updates and Upgrades. Licensee acknowledges and agrees that, Licensor does not offer traditional maintenance and support services with respect to the Licensed Software. If, however, Licensor makes any Updates and Upgrades to the Licensed Software generally publicly available during the Maintenance Term identified in Section 2.6 of the Software License Agreement (including posting under some form of public use license), and Licensee is current with the payment of all fees to Licensor, then Licensee will be entitled to obtain such Updates and Upgrades which will be deemed Licensed Software (and subject to the terms of the Agreement) for no additional fees. Licensee acknowledges and agrees that notwithstanding the foregoing, Licensor is not obligated to make any Updates or Upgrades generally publicly available. “Updates” means any “bug” fixes or error corrections of the Licensed Software or any component thereof. “Upgrades” means minor enhancements to functionality and other minor modifications to the Licensed Software that are not Updates.
2.7 Licensor Intellectual Property Rights. Licensee agrees that the Licensed Software, including the structure, sequence and organization of the Licensed Software are proprietary and confidential to Licensor, and Licensee will take all reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality of the Licensed Software. Licensee further agrees that all right, title and interest in and to the Licensed Software (and all intellectual property rights embodied therein) or any modification or improvement thereof made by Licensor is proprietary to Licensor. All rights therein not expressly granted to Licensee under the Agreement are reserved by Licensor.
2.8 Licensee Intellectual Property Rights. Licensor acknowledges that nothing herein shall grant Licensor any rights in Licensee Products or any intellectual property rights associated therewith.
- LICENSEE’S OBLIGATIONS. Except as expressly set forth in the Agreement otherwise, Licensee agrees: (a) not to remove from any copies of the Licensed Software or Documentation any product identification, copyright or other notices; and (b) not to reproduce, modify, translate or create derivative works of all or any portion of the Licensed Software except as expressly permitted by the Agreement. Licensee further agrees that it shall not make any use of the Licensed Software and Documentation except as specifically permitted by the Agreement.
- DELIVERY. Licensor shall deliver the Licensed Software in accordance with Section 4 of the Software License Agreement.
- PAYMENT TERMS. Licensee shall pay the fees to Licensor as stated in Section 5 of the Software License Agreement (“Fees”) on the due date(s) indicated therein. Such Fee(s) are exclusive of any federal, state, municipal or other governmental taxes, duties, licenses, fees, excises or tariffs(“charges’) imposed on the production, storage, licensing, sale, transportation, import, export, or use of the Licensed Software. Licensee agrees to pay, and to indemnify and hold Licensor harmless from such Charges; provided, however, Licensee shall not be responsible for taxes based on Licensor’s income. Licensee shall, if applicable, provide an exemption certificate acceptable to Licensor and the applicable authority as necessary. All amounts payable hereunder by Licensee shall be payable in United States funds without deductions for taxes, assessments, fees, or charges of any kind.
- Non-Competition & Disclosure
- a) Non-Competition. The licensee agrees not to develop, design, code, test or document a competing product. The licensee hereby agrees that it has no rights to market, distribute, sell or license any of the applications or deliverables being developed under this Agreement. Additionally, the licensee agrees not to share or enter into any discussions with any party or competitor about the Functionality of these applications. The Licensee acknowledges and agrees that a breach of the non-compete herein would result in irreparable harm to the licensor for which monetary damages would not be an adequate remedy. Accordingly, the licensee agrees that the licensor will be entitled to injunctive relief, a decree of specific performance or other equitable relief to enforce obligations under this section. If any provision of this section shall be invalid, inoperative or unenforceable, it shall be as if such invalid, inoperative or unenforceable provision had never been contained herein and such provision were reformed so that it would be valid, operative and enforceable to the maximum extent possible
- b) Non-Disclosure. The licensee shall not, at any time during or after the term of this Agreement, in any manner, either directly or indirectly, divulge, disclose, or communicate to any person, firm, corporation or other entity, or use for its own benefit or for the benefit of any person, firm, corporation or other entity.
- Warranty Disclaimer. The Licensed software are provided “as Is” Licensor makes no warranties or representations relation to the licensed software, expresser implied, statutory or otherwise, and expressly excludes the warranty of non-infringement of third-party rights, fitness for a particular purpose or merchantability. Licensed provider does not warrant that the licensed software will satisfy Licensee’s requirements, that the licensed software is without defect or error or that operation of the licensed Software will be uninterrupted.
- 8. Limitation of Liability. Licensor shall not be liable for any indirect, Incidental, Special, or Consequential Damages, or damages for loss of profits, Revenue, data, or use, incurred by licensee or any third party, weather in an action in contract or
- INDEMNIFICATION. Licensee shall indemnify and hold harmless System, their Regents, officers, agents and employees from and against any claims, demands, or causes of action whatsoever relating to the Agreement, including without limitation those arising on account of Licensee’s use of the Licensed Software or otherwise caused by, or arising out of, or resulting from, the exercise or practice of the license granted hereunder by Licensee, its permitted sublicenses , if any, its subsidiaries or their officers, employees, agents or representatives.
- TERM AND TERMINATION
10.1 Term. The term of the Agreement shall commence on the Effective Date and shall continue for the period indicated as the Term in Section 10.1 of the Software License Agreement, unless terminated earlier as set forth below.
10.2 Termination for Breach. Either party may terminate the Agreement immediately for a material breach by the other party if such material breach of any provision under the Agreement is not cured within thirty (30) business days after receipt of written notice of breach by the non-breaching party
10.3 Effect of Termination. At the termination or expiration of the Agreement, (a) Licensee must destroy all copies of the Licensed Software (except those already incorporated into Licensee Products); provided, however, that Licensee may keep a reasonable number of copies of the Licensed Software, solely to support customers that have previously purchased the Licensee Products; (b) all fees due to Licensor shall immediately become due and payable by Licensee to Licensor; and (c) provided that Licensee’s customers are in compliance with their end user license agreements, all customers may continue to use the Licensed Software as incorporated in the Licensee Products. The following terms of the Agreement shall survive any expiration or termination: Sections 1 (Definitions), 2.7 (Licensor Intellectual Property Rights), 2.8 (Licensee Intellectual Property Rights), 3 (Licensee’s Obligations), 5 (Payment Terms) with respect to any payment obligations that accrued prior to termination or expiration of the Agreement, 6 Non-Competition & Disclosure, 7 (Warranty Disclaimer)
- GENERAL PROVISIONS
11.1 Use of Names. Licensee may use the name “Ux omnitech” only in connection with factually based materials related to its use of the Licensed Software; provided, however, that Licensee may not use the name of System in connection with any name, brand or trademark related to Licensee Products. Licensor may use Licensee’s name only in connection with factually based Licensor publicity related to Licensor intellectual property and commercialization activities and achievements
11.2 Notices. Any notice or reports required or permitted to be given under the Agreement shall be given in writing and shall be delivered in a manner that provides confirmation or acknowledgement of delivery. Notices to Licensor shall be sent to the address set forth in Section 5. Notices to Licensee shall be sent to the address set forth in Section 11.2 of the Software License Agreement.
11.3 Export Regulations. Neither Licensor nor Licensee shall export, directly or indirectly, any information acquired under the Agreement or any Licensed Software utilizing any such information to any country for which the U.S. Government or any agency thereof at the time of export requires an export license or other government approval without first obtaining such license or approval.
11.4 Severability. If any provision hereof shall be held illegal, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, such provision shall be modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it legal, valid and enforceable, and the remaining provisions of the Agreement shall not be affected thereby.
11.5 Headings. The paragraph headings and captions of the Agreement are included merely for convenience of reference and are not to be considered part of, or to be used in interpreting the Agreement and in no way limit or affect any of the contents of the Agreement or its provisions.
11.6 Governing Law. The Agreement shall be construed in accordance with and all disputes hereunder shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida as applied to transactions taking place wholly within Florida between Florida residents. The parties exclude in its entirety the application to the Agreement of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
11.7 Jurisdiction and Venue. The Florida state courts of Miami Dade, Florida (or, if there is exclusive federal jurisdiction, the United States District Court for the Miami Dade County) shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue over any dispute arising out of the Agreement, and Licensee hereby consents to the jurisdiction of such courts.
11.8 Assignment. Licensee shall not directly or indirectly sell, transfer, assign, convey, pledge, encumber or otherwise dispose of the Agreement without the prior written consent of Licensor, which consent will not be unreasonably withheld. In the event that Licensor consents to an assignment, there will be a license assignment fee imposed by Licensor in the amount set forth in Section 11.8 of the Software License Agreement. In no event will Licensor assign Licensed Software or Documentation to Licensee. Assignments shall include assignments or transfers of the Agreement as part of a corporate reorganization, consolidation, merger or sale of substantially all assets or any other change of control.
11.9 Relationship of the Parties. Nothing contained in the Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, or other form of joint enterprise between the parties. The relationship between the parties shall at all times be that of independent contractors. Neither party shall have authority to contract for or bind the other in any manner whatsoever. The Agreement confers no rights upon either party except those expressly granted herein.
11.10 Counterparts. The Agreement may be executed in two or more counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original, but all of which together shall constitute one and the same instrument.
11.11 Entire Agreement. The Agreement is the complete, entire, final and exclusive statement of the terms and conditions of the agreement between the parties. The Agreement supersedes, and the terms of the Agreement govern, any prior or collateral agreements between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof. The Agreement may not be modified except in a writing executed by duly authorized representatives of the parties. The terms and conditions of the Agreement shall prevail notwithstanding any variance with the terms and conditions of any other instrument submitted by Licensee.
11.12 U.S. Government End Users. The Licensed Software is a "commercial item," as that term is defined in 48 C.F.R. 2.101, consisting of "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation," as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept. 1995) and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202 (June 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212, 48 C.F.R. 27.405(b)(2) (June 1998) and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202, all U.S. Government End Users acquire the Licensed Software with only those rights as set forth herein.